- Watch for pedestrian traffic at all times
- If you are dropping off or picking up children, please use the "pickup/drop off lane" next to the sidewalk. Please do not leave your car unattended in the pickup lane and move forward as room allows. If you need to come into the building, use the "visitor parking," not the gym lot or the south end parking lot.
- Children need to be dropped off at the north end of the front sidewalk in the morning. Please do not drive into the "gym parking lot." Students will walk around the gym to the playground. (if you arrive after 8:10 am, children may be dropped off at the office doors.)
- The bus loop is not available for parent pick up or drop off.
Dear Canyon Creek Families,
There has seemed to be some confusion about absences and what is considered an excused absence and what is not. Below are some of the rules we have listed in the handbook regarding absences. Thank you for taking the time to review these.
1. parents are asked to call our attendance hotline prior to 9:00 a.m. or send a note to excuse student absences
2. Absences will not be excused unless the school receives a phone call or note, signed and dated by the parent, stating the reason for the student's absence
1. Personal illness
2. Appointments with health professionals
3. Legal appointments
4. Emergency family situations
Calling in a student will either mark it as an excused absence or unexcused absence, based on the reason. Not calling in a student at all will mark the student as truant and will result in you being notified by our automated system.
Hopefully, after reviewing these rules we have cleared up any confusion.
Canyon Creek Office Staff
Parents, if your child(ren) needs medication administered at the school, you must complete a Medication Consent Form. This form must be completed for both prescription and non-prescription medication. A doctor's signature is required for all prescription medication.
- December 20th- K-5 Winter Music Concert (6:00pm)
- February 21st - 5th Grade Band, Junior High Band, Trimester 2 Choir Concert (6:00 pm)
- April 25th- k-5 Spring Music Concert (6:00pm)
- May 2nd- Junior High Band, Trimester 3 Choir Concert (6:00 pm)
Our Canyon Creek students will be having an author visit on December 4th.
Michelle Nelson-Schmidt is a children's author, illustrator, and motivational speaker. She has 6 published books that focus on overcoming worry, self doubt, peer understanding, and self understanding. They also focus on promoting courage, helping others, and being goal oriented.
This is a wonderful and eexciting opportunity for our students! The books that she shares will also be available for students to purchase after the presentation! You can click here to learn more about the books or click here for the order sheet. If you would like to get more information on Michelle, you can visit https://mnscreative.com.