In the next couple of months, we will be updating our door security measures at the office to make it more safe for our students, staff, and community. Mr. Lipp will be providing more information on this soon.
Canyon Creek School is equipped with a buzzer door system on our main entrance. With this, all external doors are locked at all times. Please use the main entrance for entering and leaving our school and also make sure to check in at the office before heading down our hallways. Also, our school features video surveillance cameras throughout the building and on the outside of the building. Both of these safety features are intended to keep our students, staff, and visitors safe at Canyon Creek School.
- Watch for pedestrian traffic at all times
- If you are dropping off or picking up children, please use the "pickup/drop off lane" next to the sidewalk. Please do not leave your car unattended in the pickup lane and move forward as room allows. If you need to come into the building, use the "visitor parking," not the gym lot or the south end parking lot.
- Children need to be dropped off at the north end of the front sidewalk in the morning. Please do not drive into the "gym parking lot." Students will walk around the gym to the playground. (if you arrive after 8:10 am, children may be dropped off at the office doors.)
- The bus loop is not available for parent pick up or drop off.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Dear Canyon Creek Families,
There has seemed to be some confusion about absences and what is considered an excused absence and what is not. Below are some of the rules we have listed in the handbook regarding absences. Thank you for taking the time to review these.
1. Parents are asked to call our attendance hotline prior to 9:00 a.m. or send a note to excuse student absences
2. Absences will not be excused unless the school receives a phone call or note, signed and dated by the parent, stating the reason for the student's absence
1. Personal illness
2. Appointments with health professionals
3. Legal appointments
4. Emergency family situations
Calling in a student will either mark it as an excused absence or unexcused absence, based on the reason. Not calling in a student at all will mark the student as truant and will result in you being notified by our automated system.
Hopefully, after reviewing these rules we have cleared up any confusion.
Canyon Creek Office Staff