THE REGULAR BOARD MEETING FOR 7/22/19 HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, 7/25/19. A NEW AGENDA WILL BE POSTED FOR THAT MEETING.
- Watch for pedestrian traffic at all times
- If you are dropping off or picking up children, please use the "pickup/drop off lane" next to the sidewalk. Please do not leave your car unattended in the pickup lane and move forward as room allows. If you need to come into the building, use the "visitor parking," not the gym lot or the south end parking lot.
- Children need to be dropped off at the north end of the front sidewalk in the morning. Please do not drive into the "gym parking lot." Students will walk around the gym to the playground. (if you arrive after 8:10 am, children may be dropped off at the office doors.)
- The bus loop is not available for parent pick up or drop off.
Dear Canyon Creek Families,
There has seemed to be some confusion about absences and what is considered an excused absence and what is not. Below are some of the rules we have listed in the handbook regarding absences. Thank you for taking the time to review these.
1. parents are asked to call our attendance hotline prior to 9:00 a.m. or send a note to excuse student absences
2. Absences will not be excused unless the school receives a phone call or note, signed and dated by the parent, stating the reason for the student's absence
1. Personal illness
2. Appointments with health professionals
3. Legal appointments
4. Emergency family situations
Calling in a student will either mark it as an excused absence or unexcused absence, based on the reason. Not calling in a student at all will mark the student as truant and will result in you being notified by our automated system.
Hopefully, after reviewing these rules we have cleared up any confusion.
Canyon Creek Office Staff
Parents, if your child(ren) needs medication administered at the school, you must complete a Medication Consent Form. This form must be completed for both prescription and non-prescription medication. A doctor's signature is required for all prescription medication.
Stay Home When:
-Fever of 100 or higher
-Vomiting within the past 24 hours
-Diarrhea within the past 24 hours
-Redness, itching, and/or "crusty" drainage from the eye
-Hospital stay and/or ER visit
May Return When:
-Fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication
-Free from vomiting for at least 24 hours without the use of medications
-Free from diarrhea for at least 24 hours without the use of medications
-The eye has returned to normal or has a note from a doctor to return to school
-Released by a medical provider to return to school